My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters, in the end" - Ursula Le Guin

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Finally .. Bought the 1967 Jeep CJ3B

The papers had been sent from Mumbai and it reached the caretaker yesterday. He gave me a call immediately as he wanted the money badly... Told him I would come today... Yesterday bing tuesday and all... wanted to pick it up on a "Good" day....

Took my mechanic along...inspected the vehicle once more .. and went up to sign the papers... The RC book was in order.... I called up the owner and lowered the price.. since he had made me run around un-necesarily and also because there was no insurance... I would have to pay for it.. and that too in his name.. Then get the vehicle transferred to my name and then take a fresh insurance... However Life Time Tax has been paid and the vehicle has got a green certificate till 2007... The owner agreed..

Drove to the nearest petrol bunk near Thoms Supermarket and filled some gas... The vehicle has done about 98000 Kms... Mu guess is it has done more than that...The vehicle was headed straight to the mechanics garage for repairs... On the way it just stopped.. just in front of a BTS bus... Quiet onvious isnt it...... Luckily there were some builders who wre going back home and theygave a hand.. Push this thing... "Thalo Model Gaadi Iddu.. Thali Bid appa.."...... hahahah.... I didnt want to take the vehicle home in that condition... I wanted to modify it to my tastes and then take it home..

So there it is folks.. My quest for a 4WD is over... now to get it to its natural habitat... somewhere over the hills... My guess is it should take about 3 - 4 months .. causeI will be funding it part-by-part for the restoration / modification process.. Should have the vehicle ready by April.. Its gonna cost me a bit to get it to my tastes...I guess.. thats the initial estimate.. lets see what happens... Wish me luck guys...

I have finally become the owner of a CJ3B on Dec 29th 2004..

1 Comments:

Blogger daredevil said...

hey mate, did u get a manual with the jeep, m lookin for a classic manual

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home